Monday, July 1, 2013

Anime Next '13 Part Twoooooo!

ANIME NEXT 2013
PART TWO

We awoke Saturday morning to an overcast day, but NO RAIN, huzzah! I had limited time because I had to leave to sing at a wedding...Imma cantor (singer) and I sing at Masses on the weekends and at weddings and funerals. Anyways, since the Chinchilla (if you didn't read my previous post...you should lol...that is the name of my car) was having issues with the clicker to get into the car, I had to wait for my parents to arrive to bring a new clicker. The plan was I'd leave with them and follow them home to sing at the wedding. It was an hour drive, but it was alright. I was asked to sing this wedding and was being paid. It is only right. 
Lauren, the Kareshi, and I went downstairs and ate breakfast. You needed a ticket at the Somerset to eat this buffet. If not, you had to pay $10. It was alright, nothing special. The Kareshi and Lauren were dressed as Detective Gumshoe and Franziska von Karma from Phoenix Wright. They looked great:

My parents arrived with new clicker and it worked!!!! However...Lauren realized she did not know where her badge was. Panic ensued. With the help of the Mama Llama (my mother) we tore apart the whole room. Nothing. It was psychotic. Any con goer knows that if you lose your badge, no matter what the excuse, you have to buy a new one. You cannot get into any panel, dealer's room, artist's alley, concert NADA. THEY ALWAYS LOOK and they have every right to...they don't want people just popping in for free when they invited marvelous guests and making the con as wonderful as possible. In this case of replacing the badge, it'd be sixty bucks to replace. Hell to the no. This badge would be found, ok! I left Kareshi and Lauren reassuring them it would be found, and they were off to check the lost and found and retrace our steps. Now remember, the night before was a damn monsoon, so we could only hope it wasn't torn off her and washed down a whirlpool. 
 I was devastated to leave...especially with Saturday being the biggest day of any con. Even though I came back around 5PM, I still felt like I missed a lot. Oh well. I returned and found out that Lauren found her badge at the lost and found! It was a miracle and may God bless the person who turned it in. We found someone's driving license later that evening and you better believe we turned that in. We changed quickly into our Bleach trio...starring Kareshi as Kisuke Urahara, Lauren as Yoruichi Shihouin, and myself as Soi Fon. We ventured over to the main convention hall and sat down and had a buffet dinner in the hotel part of the convention. It was meh. They had meatballs, ziti, small salad bar, some kinda chicken, and mixed veggies. The dessert was cookies and cake. Whatever, we needed fuel. It was a nice place to sit as we sat by the window that looked out into the hotel and we watched all the fellow cosplayers go by. It was hilarious. Here's one of our passerbys:
 Chef Deadpool. This was so so so funny! He just stood there stirring, lol. And there was a random dude standing behind him in an adult diaper. I didn't get it.

After dinner, we wandered around and ran into a nice lady named Ike! She asked us to participate in her YouTube video she was creating for AnimeNext. We agreed! Here is her video.. You can take a look at all the amazing cosplays from the con. We make our debut at 2:30. Subscribe to her; she has lotsa great vids from cons!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFqrAQLaQyw
Saturday night was absolutely a blast. We went into a hentai showing LOL I never laughed so hard. I was crying from all the heckling people were doing. If you went to this you will know what "SWITCH" meant and random people were screaming this until the next day.
Next, we headed over to the rave. AnimeNext's rave was AWESOME. Seriously, best rave I have been to so far. The DJs they had skillfully blended anime and video game music with mainstream. It was recognizable music which personally I prefer to the heavy bump bump bump beatz. I still go to those raves because I like to dance, but this one took the cake and the icing too.
Kareshi spun his rave lighting up ball thingies and Lauren and I both had a light up glove. We literally danced until 3am. It was officially Lauren's birthday and it was the best way to ring it in!

FUN TIMES! We went back to the hotel tired and happy. And filled with sake and soju. It was a grand night, indeed.
Here are some pics from Saturday:
 I was so sorry I missed this guy! Billy Mays here with Oxi Clean!
 GLOOMY BEAR...I love these two <3
 Pyramid Head
 Shepard
 Excellence!
I love this pic of Urahara and Yoruichi. It is cuteeeeee.
 Yoruichi & Soi Fon chillin'
 Soi Fon having a strange moment
 Soi Fon doing a fatal blow to Tousen!
 KENSEI!
 Yoruichi, Kensei (with a HOLLOW MASK!!!), and Soi Fon
Aw! Soi Fon in absolute heaven. And I love this picture because it is me and my best friend :)

This concludes Saturday's review of the con. I wasn't there most of the day, alas, but it was fun nonetheless, ESPPP the rave. And I never ever say that. So trust me on that one! Next up will be the Sunday review. I will update ASAP. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment