Sunday, May 19, 2013

CLOVERCON 2013

Today I attended CloverCon, a small non-profit con in New Jersey. Unfortunately, my friend Maya couldn't attend as she was invited to a con in Chicago.The group was me, the kareshi, and my 12 year old cousin. It was her first ever con and cosplay. She LOVED it. My next blog post will be a review on CloverCon 2013.
My Cosplay Everyday panel went so well, and the room was filled to capacity! My friend Kris did one 1/2 hour and I finished off with the remaining time. 
   Our little Bleach trio (Left to Right: Kareshi as Urahara Kisuke, Myself as Captain Soi Fon, & my cousin as  Vizard Sarugaki Hiyori) won first prize in the Cosplay Catwalk!
My cousin is training to be a dancer (used to train in gymnastics first) and did a front walkover on the catwalk. She was wearing a wig cap under her wig and I bobby pinned it securely to her head. Well, uh, I must have missed a few places in the car (we had to get ready in the car and it was raining and miserable out, so it was kinda cramped. Gotta do what ya gotta do!) and as she did the walkover...which is a slow move...her wig fell off! I yelped and ran to her thinking she'd be upset but she was laughing away! The audience loved her. I was SO proud of her.
~*~That's it for this blog post, see you soon for the review and pictures~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment