Sunday, April 14, 2013

SAKURA MATSURI 2013!

Hi there! Just got back from the Sakura Matsuri in Philadelphia. It is an annual event they hold each year on the grounds of Fairmount Park. The cherry blossoms aka sakura are so pretty and the air smells so wonderful. Some parts of the ground are covered in a light pink carpet. It is like walking in a fairy tale. There were many cosplayers this year that attended Sakura Sunday as Zenkaikon (anime convention in Lancaster, PA...about a 90 minute drive from Philly) had a booth, karaoke, and a fashion show! I participated in the fashion show as Nanao Ise from Bleach and my kareshi was Shunsui Kyouraku from the same series. I even sang a karaoke version of "Life is Like a Boat" by Rie Fu...it was so much fun! In my next post, I will have a step by step make up photo tutorial on how I got ready for the festival and the products I used as well as some tips. I just noticed I have a light sunburn from where my wig framed my face...random...but I guess there's a first time for everything -__-

No comments:

Post a Comment